Public Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC)
Public Safety Advisory Committee
The Public Safety Advisory Committee proactively seeks the advice and counsel from a diverse group of community members regarding issues that impact the safety and quality of life of students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the UCI campus and Medical Center.
A link between the campus community and the UCI Police Department, the Public Safety Advisory Committee provides a forum to discuss and make recommendations on public policies, community outreach and may participate on hiring panels for key UCI Police Department personnel. The advisory committee will produce an annual report which summarizes its activities and includes key data of interest to the campus community, including the number and types of complaints the UCI Police Department receives.
The Public Safety Advisory Committee members represent the diversity of campus stakeholders, including students, faculty and staff of UCI. Members are appointed by the CFO and Vice Chancellor of the Division of Finance and Administration from nominations provided by representative groups.
- Katie Tinto, Chair - Assistant Clinical Professor, School of Law
- Adisa Ajamu - Director, UCI Center for Black Cultures, Resources, and Research
- Karen Andrews - Director, Disability Services Center
- Davidian Bishop - Director, LGBT Resource Center
- Gwen Black - Director of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, UCI Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Dr. Marguerite Bonous-Hammarth - Assistant Vice Chancellor, Office of Inclusive Excellence
- Joe Brothman - Director, EH&S, UCI Medical Center
- Angela Chen - Director, UCI Dreamers Resource Center
- Paul Cooper - Assistant Chief of Police, UCI Police Department (ex officio member)
- Olga Dunaevsky - Department Administrator, Anthropology, UCI School of Social Sciences
- Reginald Gardner - Associated Graduate Students
- Michelle Ann Vicencio Mallari - President, Associated Students UCI
- Megan Morrison - Residence Life Coordinator, Housing
- Carroll Seron - Professor Emerita, School of Social Ecology
- Hobart Taylor - Chairman, Homeowner Representative Board (HRB), University Hills
Public Safety Advisory Committee meetings are held quarterly.